Coronavirus or COVID-19 has affected millions of people worldwide and in India, raising the question of financial protection? Star Health insurance-corona kavach is one of the star health insurance specific plan Built to help you deal with the costs that come with the treating COVID-19.
The IRDAI[Insurance regulatory and Develop Authority of India] mandated Insurers to launch this policy to cover the cost of coronavirus treatment. It is an indemnity policy that requires a one-time payment and covers up to 9.5 months period.
Star health insurance-corona kavach.
If we have the power to delete any year from history, all we can do is select 2020. Because 2020 is a crucial time in History. We are turning the half-year of 2020, but this pandemic virus is looming around. Now we are all here learning how to live with this Extremely fearful unknown.
At present Government Unlocked everything, we say things are slowly easing to Normalcy but the reality on the ground is Different. In India, COVID cases are Still increasingly rising.
India now has 63,68,000 total confirmed cases, the second-highest in the world after u.s. Still, no medicine has been found to fully cure the virus and vaccines are under the trail.
The coronavirus is not only Pandemic, but it is also raising the question of financial instability and affects the Global Economic slowdown. It means you don’t only protect yourself from the virus and other illnesses but also ensure that you are financially secure?
For all the above reasons, Having star health insurance corona kavach is very essential and needed like washing your hands and Sanitization against the virus.
Star health insurance plan-corona kavach policy aims at covering hospitalization, pre-post hospitalization, home care treatment expenses, and AYUSH treatment in case anyone is tested positive for Covid-19 infection. It is a standard health insurance plan designed to cover medical expenses arising due to Coronavirus Pandemic. With this standard health insurance plan for Coronavirus that protects you and your family against hospitalization expenses due to COVID-19. and get access to quality medical treatments. The coverage starts from the day you get diagnosed with COVID-19 infection. However, health insurance has a standard waiting period of 15 days.
Why star health insurance -corona kavach.
- All your hospitalization expenses associated with PPE kits, oxygen, ventilators, and consultation fees will be covered.
- We also cover Home Care Expenses, which is incurred when an insured takes treatment for being COVID-19 positive at home.
- Your pre and post hospitalization expenses, i.e. 15 days before hospitalization and until 30 days after discharge, will be reimbursed.
- Medical expenses incurred during homecare treatment will be covered up to 14 days.
- If you opt for AYUSH treatment, it will be covered up to the limit of the sum insured.
- The policy provides for Road Ambulance Cover i.e. transfer from one hospital to another, maximum limit Rs 2000.
- With more than 10,000 cashless network hospitals, finding the best treatment in your vicinity will be easy.
- Preference to opt for individual and Floater basis
- It covers your hospitalization expenses for COVID treatment, including hospital room rent, nursing expenses, surgery costs, specialist fees, and more.
- The sum insured for the Corona Kavach Policy ranges from ₹50K to 5 lakhs
- 0.5% of SI per day subject to a maximum of 15 days in a Policy Period per Insured Person[optional additional premium]
- star health insurance Corona Kavach policy is a short-term health insurance plan. It has tenure options of 3 ½ months, 6 ½ months, and 9 ½ months i.e. 105 days, 195 days, and 285 days.
star health insurance -corona kavach details Glance in one-pager.
[table id=5 /]
Exclusions of star Health insurance-corona kavach
All permanent exclusions shall apply individually for each insured person under the Corona Kavach Policy,
1.The treatment has taken for any pre-existing disease
2.Travel to any restricted countries
3.Diagnosis done at unauthorized testing centers
4.Diagnosis/Treatment taken outside India
5.Expenses incurred on Day Care & OPD Treatment
6.Claims related to COVID where the diagnosis prior to the policy start date
7.Dietary Supplements and Substances purchased without a prescription
8.Expenses did for Unproven Treatments which lacks significant medical documentation
Is corona kavach health insurance replace the exiting Health insurance policy?
No. If you not presently covered by Health insurance, or if you not adequately covered under a standard policy, it would make a lot of sense to considering a purchase this specific protection policy!
Don’t confuse, if standard policy covering corona Hospitalization why this specific policy? Answer is
- The waiting period is 30 days in a standard policy, whereas in the Corona kavach-15 days waiting period.
- Star health insurance-Corona Kavach policies cover the cost of treatment at home for up to 14 days per incident, which in the normal course would require care and treatment at a hospital but is provided at home. But in standard policy Domiciliary treatment available under the terms and conditions.
- The Corona Kavach covers the cost of personal protective equipment or PPEs and other consumables, which standard policies don’t cover.
Observation of rising the coronavirus cases in the Nation, prompt medical treatment, and quality Healthcare has become the need of the Hour. This the ambition of www.yourneedshub.com/ also. That’s the reason IRDA of India, announced the launch the corona related plan is mandatory to all General and standalone insurance companies.
This policy is helpful for, Hospitalization, pre and post hospitalization, AYUSH treatment, Homecare treatment Expenses when one who has tested corona positive. This the specific policy Designed for Exclusively for COVID-19 treatment. It is very essential to Having a specific policy to secure your money and getting quality treatment arising out of the COVID-19 positive.
Apart from this specific policy, It is also better to have a standard health insurance policy.
If you interest in this policy or for a standard policy call to below and share it to the maximum for help to others is appreciated!
Follow me on-